Big Tech is broken. Suddenly, a wide range of journalists and politicians agree that something has gone horribly wrong with the internet. How can the Left seize this opportunity to advance a radical vision for digital democracy?
To discuss this question, and to celebrate the release of Logic’s third issue, JUSTICE, we invite you to join a panel discussion with:
* Cathy O’Neil—mathematician, data scientist, and author of “Weapons of Math Destruction”
* Trebor Scholz—scholar, activist, and leading proponent of “platform cooperativism”
* Astra Taylor—filmmaker, writer, and author of “The People’s Platform”
* Evan Malmgren—writer, author of an article in Logic’s new issue on municipal broadband
* Moira Weigel—postdoctoral fellow at Harvard, cofounder of Logic, and author of a recent Guardian Long Read on tech worker organizing
Moderated by Ben Tarnoff. Co-sponsored by NYC DSA Tech Action.
Accessibility info: The venue is accessible by elevator. Please let us know if we can provide any further information.